Thursday, December 22, 2011

Talk About Disenfranchisement!

Political movie pitch: a governor decides to fire the mayor of the town of city that was lawfully elected and hires his cronies instead to take over.

I wish I had thought this for a story but I did not! It's true and do not think for one minute that this could not happen in your state! This is why I oppose "States Rights" as laws enacted can be arbitrary and contrary to the popular vote. In many cases we are talking about newly elected mayors who haven't even had a chance to work on problems. Each new "manager" makes over 100k. How is this fiscal responsibility as Republicans scream? Sounds like handing out jobs to friends to me. In effect, who ever is voted in is ousted if the governor wants. Watch out for this movie near you!

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/snyder/EMF_Fact_Sheet2_347889_7.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment