Thursday, June 28, 2012

Over the Cap

I have gotten a lot of strong disagreement concerning my support of Obamcare. To those who are misled by the rhetoric of the GOP pundits making it seem as though taxpayers are paying for a whole country of n'er do wells This is my response: What many do not know but I do because I worked in social services for developmentally disabled people is that MOST people do not qualify for Medicaid or social services. Case in point: Many are unaware that if a household bring in just $1.00 over the cap of income they are denied. There are so many in poverty who cannot get Medicaid because of $1.00! Even $250 dollars over the poverty cap isn't enough to get medical insurance. One person making $8,000 per year is ineligible. For many, paying for insurance is out of reach anyway so it's actually cheaper to pay the fine because coverage is out of reach anyway. I do disagree with many who have expressed similar outrage but having seen suffering first hand and having worked in a field that taught the reality of the system as well as having been "there" myself in the past I know of which I speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment